A Wedding and A Funeral

>>>>>Just thought i would want to sandwich this blog in between my Wedding issues. Just to have that feeling that Luke is, was, and has always been a part of our wedding. Trivia: Luke, when he got older, didn't want to be a part of any wedding entourage anymore. However, he gladly presented himself to be included in our entourage because he has long been anticipating for that day.<<<<<<


*Luk-Denel-Ey-Ag-Agooooooo*

That was how he normally pronounces his name when we share our light moments together at home.

One remarkable thing about him is that he creates his own fashion. He chooses his own clothes and makes out of his way to have what he wants to wear, be it expensive, or be it not.

Funny how he gave every one in the community his/her own pet names, to which we fondly call each other today.
Daddy Bajun (Daddy)
Mommy Hilowakawakaw (Mommy)
Toyban (Tito Ian)
Toadoy (Tito Joy)
Gagagbunoy (Kuya David)
Tajum (Tita Josi)
Daddy Labarz (Daddy Larz)
Mama Duda (Mama Chona)
Kuya Paolololoromi (Kuya Pao)
Gilbo (Gelo)
Once, when his brother David wore his boy scout uniform, Luke also wanted to have his picture taken. And so wearing his PE uniform, we asked Luke to stand and have his picture taken with his 3 fingers raised as if taking an oath.
He was so mad at us when he found later on that the "3 fingers" sign is being used by Girl Scouts.
--------------------

*****Matthew: As for me, you may ask how I'll remember him, what I thought of him. Unfortunately there I run out of words. Perhaps you will forgive me if I turn from my own feelings to the words of W.H. Auden. This is actually what I want to say: "Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone. Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone. Silence the pianos and with muffled drum, Bring out the coffin... let the mourners come. Let aeroplanes circle, moaning overhead, Scribbling on the sky the message: He is Dead. Put crepe bows 'round the necks of public doves, Let traffic policemen wear black, cotton gloves. He was my North, my South, my East, my West. My working week and my Sunday rest. My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song, I thought love would last forever: I was wrong. The stars are not wanted now, put out every one. Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun. Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood, For nothing now can ever come to any good." [Line Taken from Four Weddings and A Funeral] --------------------

He went to be with the Lord-forever, on the 30th day of April 2008.

Ecclesiastes 9 says: 10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the grave, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom. 11 I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.

The ever-smiling face Luke at the Diliman Prep Canteen

Sleeping soundly at the sala. Caution: he doesn't want anybody to wake him up and ask him to brush his teeth.

In as how many moments we've been travelling together as a family, the kids usually turn their attention to our mobile phones to take pictures or to hear music in the car.

One lazy Sunday afternoon: David taking picture at Luke.

Children's Conference, Starmall.

Abel Meholah, Free to Dance Workshop. He dances well. But he sings better.

For Unto Y'all Concert, where he Played GABRIEL, the angel of the Lord.

We may not yet fully undertand the reasons why things happen, but we just believe that God is always in Control. And with this, we can still say with the eyes of faith,

All is Well

All is Well

Luke is now together with the angels worshipping ang giving glory to the Lord Gold Almighty!

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you

Matthew 25:23 His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!

Luke on Youtube (thanks, Arbee):

A Tribute to Luke Daniel Agustin

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQiwgk-oRjU )

Simply Luke

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW6gQEZOrTI )

0 Responses to "A Wedding and A Funeral"

Leave a Reply